BELFAST MIC N BIKE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cancellation and Amendment of bookings
- Participants can may cancel a booking 48 hours before the tour start time, and a full refund given. Notice of cancellation must be phoned through then followed up by email.
- A booking may also be changed to another scheduled tour up to 48 hours before the start time of the tour. A tour change can only take place if there is availability on the requested tour, and only if there is still a minimum of 2 people booked on the original tour. Notice to change a booking must be phoned through then followed up by email. Any changes to bookings will be at the discretion of Belfast Mic n Bike.
- There will be no refunds given for cancellations of bookings made within 48 hours of the tour start time.
- Belfast Mic n Bike reserve the right to change the route, start/finish locations and scheduled stops, the reasons for changes may include ‘Special Events’ ‘Parades’ ‘Festivals’, ‘Outdoor Concerts’ or weekend closing. We will give notice of changes via the Website (latest News) or during the safety brief before the tour begins.
- Tours will take place come ‘rain or shine’ participants are advised to check the local weather forecasts, and be prepared for inclement weather even in the summer months. Tours will only be cancelled if the tour leader deems that extreme inclement weather may pose a Health & Safety risk, in this instance tours can be re-scheduled or a full refund offered.
- Payments will be applied at the time of booking
- Full payment is due before commencement of tour
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party and will only be used for the purpose of this website.
We reserve the right to contact you after your trip to receive feedback in an effort to improve every level of our service. If you do not wish to be contacted please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Photographs taken on our tours may at times be used for promotional purposes through our social media networks and our website.
- Refunds will be made by the payment method/card originally used to make the booking.
- Refunds will be processed by the authorised booking agent, Visit Belfast.
- Tours will go ahead with a minimum of 2 paying participants.
- Bookings may be made for single participants. Belfast Mic n Bike welcome ‘Independent Travellers’.
- In the event that a single participant is denied a tour due to lack of numbers they will be offered another tour, if this does not suit a full refund will be given.
- All participants must be able to control their bike confidently and safely on different surfaces and in traffic over a distance of approx. 11km over a 2 hour period (inclusive of stops).
- The cycling ability of participants will be assessed by the tour leader during the Health & Safety brief before the tour begins.
- If a participant is deemed to be unable to control their bike safely, they will not be permitted to take part in the tour. No refund will be given.
Cycling is considered to be the best form of aerobic exercise but this can exasperate a medical condition. If unsure participants should seek medical advice before going on a cycle tour. Participants should make the tour leader aware of any existing medical conditions before the tour begins. The tour leader will decide if the participant can proceed with the tour, based on the information presented to them.
No refund will be given for participants who are deemed by the cycle leader to be unfit to proceed with the tour.
Alcohol & Drugs
If a participant is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs and therefore a risk to themselves and others, they will not be permitted to take part in the tour, no refund will be given.
Any participants 18 or under must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult (over 18). The responsible adult must also ensure that under 18’s in their care can safely control their bikes and have fully understood the Health & Safety briefing.
Loss and damage
Belfast Mic n Bike will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal items, valuables or clothing during the tour, participants will be expected to manage the security of all personal belongings (including their bike) for the duration of the tour.
Belfast Mic n Bike will endeavour to exceed the expectation of participants during the tour and provide an enjoyable and memorable experience, but it or its agents cannot be held responsible for circumstances outside its control, and for any deviation in the planned route or access to buildings or other ‘areas of interest’.
All participants will be expected to follow all reasonable instructions given to them by the tour leader. Any participants thought by the tour leader to be disregarding reasonable instructions given to them and thus endangering themselves or others will be asked to leave the tour. In this instance no refund will be given.
I understand that participating in the Belfast Mic n Bike guided cycle tour may involve risks and that I am undertaking an activity with inherent dangers. I accept these risks and obligations and I fully assume the risks of travel.
I release Belfast Mic n Bike from any liabilities connected to these risks to the maximum extent permitted by law.
I understand that cycling helmets are available and that, should I choose not to wear one that is my choice. I agree that all persons in this booking have understood all of the conditions outlined.